At a year and seven months I decided to have Kinley take the Canine Good Citizen test at The Dog Knowledge. Listed below are the activities and how we did.
- 1. Accepting a friendly stranger – Pass
- 2. Sitting politely for petting – Pass
- 3. Appearance and grooming – Pass
- 4. Out for a walk – Pass
- 5. Walking through a crowd -Pass
- 6. Sit and down command and staying in place – Pass
- 7. Coming when called – Pass
- 8. Reaction to another dog – “iffy” but Passed
- 9. Reaction to distraction – Pass
- 10. Supervised Separation – FAIL
We will spend the next few months working on the separation anxiety and I hope to pass the CGC test before Kinley’s second birthday!